Sunday, July 25, 2010

Time Continuum

Sunday is the most popular day to return to writing. It makes sense, kind of. Typically, you don't have as many obligations, you need something to fill your time, and events from the past week/ weekend are still rummaging through your head and I prefer to vent them out. Or at least that's the case with this Sunday.

I re-read my previous posts (which takes like 5 minutes to do), and I can remember thinking and feeling what I was talking about. I'm happy to say that on some accounts, I've followed through with issues that were bothering me then. I was mad at myself for always planning way too much and never traveling or doing fun things in the present. Well, I took a trip to Boston in May and that was a blast. I have another trip to DC in September and I hope it to be the same. I remember somebody telling me once that it's a skill to be able save money; however, it's also a skill to be able to spend it. So I'm trying to be smart and strategic with my money, but I'm also making sure to 'pay myself' and have fun in the meantime. So far, so good.

I wish I had more time. You'll always hear people getting old and looking back and saying "there's so much more I should have done in my life", but... that's just inevitable. You can only do so much, and you can only distribute your time and resources to so many things. I want to be good at golf. Not like professional good (obviously), but I've been dedicating a lot of time and money to learning, practicing and playing. I also want to continue this actuarial exams. This, also, requires a LOT of time studying and preparing for exams. I also want to play poker and read and travel and train for a marathon and be with friends and do a million other things, but you can really only do so much. So, if I end up dedicating my time to golf and exams and friends and whatever else, there's always going to be something that will be left out. So when I get older and look back at my life and what I've done, I will try my hardest not to say "I wish I could have done that thing". Because apparently I don't. It all comes down to making sure you're selecting the right things to spend your time on, and ideally that will lead to looking back at life and saying "I'm glad I did this thing"

No comments: