Saturday, February 13, 2010

Staying in touch (?)

It's just one of those weird feelings weekends. I'm trying to shake it off, but sometimes you just have to pursue through it and get it over with. I tried working out, running, showering, playing some guitar, and listening to some of my favorite music, but this whole mood just envelops me. I even tried slapping myself, but that proved ineffective and quite stupid.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about "friends" I've made throughout the past. Some of these "friends" are friends. Good people whose company I enjoy, and the type of people that I hope to keep in touch with in the future. People who I care about, and whose weddings I would hope to attend, and who I would have over for a grill out and genuinely appreciate conversations with. As makes sense, these friends take make up a small % of my "friends". (Especially when you use the term "friend" as meaningless as those on facebook (limitless) and those in your cell phone (which now can contain like 500+ contacts!)). So when you come to a transition in your life, which I am encountering now, what do make of all those other "friends"?

Do you do nothing and just let things settle into how they'll be? I mean... I want to delete my facebook and change my phone number! It's not that these people did anything wrong; however, I just have the inclination to cut ties with people with whom I have no purpose to have ties with. God, I feel like an asshole now, but this has just been boggling my head lately.

A better way to put it: I would prefer to sincerely invest my thoughts, feelings, and future with people whom I care about then having thousands of contacts with whom I maintain minimum contact, care, or feelings towards. (I feel better saying it this way).

I hope this weekend turns around... I've been having such a good week too.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

i stopped using facebook about 2 years ago and it such a good decision. the people who i truly care about i keep in touch with by email or calling. i've always been a believer that facebook debases the meaning of friendship.

hope you survived the snow! the weather has never been this nice in Vancouver in Feb. so ironic with the Olympics in town